We think your work should be seen and shared! The Slide Room Gallery welcomes online exhibition proposals. Our digital exhibitions change monthly. Please read the information below for details about submitting. If you have any questions about this process please contact Natasha, our Digital Exhibitions Curator, by clicking here or by e-mailing email@example.com
What we are looking for:
- Contemporary art
- A body or series of work that is connected thematically/conceptually
- Good photographs of your work (unless photos of your work is unnecessary i.e. digital photographic work, digital collage, etc)
How to submit:
Please send the requirements below in one email to Natasha: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 jpeg images of work you would like to show*
- Image list: title, medium, size, year of works
- Brief summery about the concept or theme of your proposed digital exhibition (approximately 100-200 words)
*Notes about photographing your work: please send images that are a good likeness of the physical artworks and are not blurry. Ideally, photos will either be cropped to the edges of the work (if it is square/rectangular) or will be against a clean, white background. If you have questions about this, feel free to contact us.
Artists selected for an exhibition must provide the following:
- 10-20 good quality, well-lit images of your work (please send as jpegs)
- An Image List with the title, medium, size and year of works (optional: prices if for sale, see “Other Information” for more details)
- Exhibition title
- A short Artist Biography written in 3rd person (approximately 100-200 words)
- A portrait photo of you (the artist)
- An Artist Statement (approximately 200-300 words)
- Optional: your artist website and/or social media links
- If you would like your work to be for sale with local pick-up by the purchaser at the Vancouver Island School of Art, please let us know. We are happy to facilitate this during the duration of the online exhibition. The gallery will retain a 20% commission on sales. The artist is responsible for delivering all sold artworks to the Vancouver Island School of Art at the end of the exhibition. All sold works must be signed.
- We want to support you and your art practice by sharing your work online and on our social media platforms. We also encourage our exhibiting artists to help us spread the word!